Monday 27 January 2014

Makeup - Pink Smokey Eye

"Your face is a canvas for a beautiful piece of art."


The Eyes
*Prep them first, normally I use a bit of primer, but if that's not to hand you can dab on a bit of concealer over your lid and under your eye.*

First use a black liner pencil to tightline your eyes, for those who aren't familiar with the term, 'tightlining' means colouring in the waterline of your eye. You have an upper waterline and a lower waterline, if you look up there is a tiny bit of space between your lashes and your eye, that's your upper waterline. Then if you look straight ahead you'll notice just above your bottom lashes there is another tiny bit of space.. the lower waterline. Once you've done this, pick up your chosen pink eye shadow and cover your entire lid, you want to blend this out slightly above your crease line (this is the crease line that you see when you have your eye open). Then using a black shadow you want to deposit the colour at the outer corner of your crease line and blend slightly inwards but not too far, you don't want to reach the middle, just sit it in the outer corner. Then similarly using a white shadow, you want to deposit the colour at the inner corner of your eye and then blend slightly inward.
Next up is the eyeliner along your top lashline, the tricky bit is getting your flicks/wings to look symmetrical, but that comes with practise and a steady hand. I do find it easier using a pen/felt tip style liner though when drawing a winged line on. On this look, which you can't see because my eyes are closed I used the liner pen under my lower lashline as well, just to add an extra bit of drama to the look. Then pop on your false lashes (if you want the dramatic eyes effect, or you can pop on a bit of mascara.)

The Face
This is far simpler, prep your skin and put on a primer (if you use one) and then foundation. Make sure you buff it into your skin and then you can contour and highlight like I've done *make sure you blend it in too* (I contoured using a bronzer round my face and down my neck, either side of my nose and in the hollows of my cheeks/ just under my cheek bones. I ran a highlighter down the bridge of my nose, my cupids bow, which is the V shape of my top lips and ran a bit on the centre of my bottom lip.) Or alternatively if you like a simpler skin base you can just add a touch of blush to the apples of your cheeks.

Then you can brush on a light pink gloss and you're ready to go!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment